Foothill Family Shelter1501 W. Ninth Street, Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
Interns can serve in many different capacities. If you are interested in serving at Foothill Family Shelter as an intern, please contact us: 909.920.0453
- Harold Cares Intern: We are looking for an individual to help make the Harold Cares parenting Program the best it can be. HC intern will help program coordinator with community outreach to help raise awareness about the parenting class, assist in the pre-planning of various details of the program and be there at each class to help make sure the classes run smoothly.
- Harold Cares Mentor: We are looking for women to mentor our group of parents and parents-to-be for our Harold Cares program. The classes are held 3 times per year on Wednesday evenings for 8 weeks. Mentors must be able to commit to attending the each of the parenting classes during a cycle and maintain a relationship after the baby is born.
- Help Desk Intern: Assist our Help Desk team by providing resources and daily referrals in response to the high volume of phone calls received each day. Distribute food and clothing to our walk-in clients and assist donors as they donate good to support our clients.
- Administrative Intern: Learn the day-to-day operations of Foothill Family Shelter by working behind the scenes. Administrative duties may include: grant research, marketing, statistics/data collection and other office tasks.
- Clinical Intern: Clinical interns are instrumental in managing a case load of shelter clients while offering therapy and case management. Work along with our Client Service Team to develop best practices as we transform the lives of homeless families. If you are an MSW of MFT graduate student seeking a hands-on internship, contact us and let us know you are interested in obtaining a clinical internship.
We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our clients
so please check back frequently for updates on our intern opportunities.