Upland, CA 91786
Other Ways to Give
Many companies have workplace giving programs and will often match an employee’s contribution to a charity. Find out whether your company has a matching gifts program; you may have the opportunity to double your donation.
Nine Things You Can Do To Help The Homeless…
It’s easy to feel disconnected from the crisis of homelessness in the Inland Empire, as many of us juggle work, family and outside activities. However, there is one thing we can all do to bring our communities together to address homelessness – VOLUNTEER! If you want to make a difference, donate your time for the homeless. Here are few things you can do to make a difference.
- Get Involved. Educate yourself and your family about who homeless people are and how you & your community can make a difference.
- Prepare & serve a meal. Love to cook? Use your passion for cooking to prepare and serve a meal to families in our transitional housing program. Having a home-cooked meal provided by one of our volunteers is truly a treat!
- Donate your professional skills – Teach a workshop or develop a training class. Many of our clients need professional skills training and/or life skills.
- Take a tour - Call the shelter @ (909) 920-0453 to schedule a tour of our shelter office, transitional housing, & our reading room. This is a great way to see first-hand how Foothill Family Shelter is helping families become self-sufficient.
- Donate work appropriate clothing and shoes – If you have dress clothes & shoes that no longer fit or that you simply never wear, consider donating them to FFS. In order to find & keep a job, homeless individuals need work-appropriate clothing & shoes – something FFS never has enough of…
- Say YES! In My Back Yard – support your local homeless shelter. Foothill Family Shelter services all of San Bernardino County, as well as the West End of Los Angeles County. Foothill Family Shelter is one of two shelters in San Bernardino County. Homelessness is up 122% over last year!
- Make your FAITH matter – If you are a member of a faith-based organization, get committed to ending homelessness through community action and mobilization.
- Host a reception benefiting Foothill Family Shelter – For a holiday twist, ask attendees to make a small donation to FFS and make a difference!
- Get your family & friends involved! Share these ideas with people you know. We ALL can work together to end Homelessness!